Auditions: Monday July 20 & Tuesday, July 21, 7pm at Lee Street theatre.
Come audition for the St. Thomas Players production of Calendar Girls by Tim Firth. Claudia Galup directs. Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. The show runs September 17-26 at Lee Street theatre. The play calls for 9 women, ages 45 and older; 1 woman in her 20s-30s; and 4 men, ages 20s-70s.
- Chris, 50s-60s - Smart, funny, and lively, with a sparkle in her eye. Not afraid to cause a little mischief. Also quite attractive.
- Annie, 50s-60s - Warm. Entirely likeable and fun-loving. Gets pulled away from her sensible side by Chris, her best friend. Needs to be able to play comedy and pathos.
- *Chris and Annie have to be a couple.
- Cora, 50s-60s - Educated, cynical. Dead-pan humor. She’s a single mother of an adult daughter. Needs to be able to sing well and (ideally) to play the piano.
- Marie, 50s-60s - She thinks she’s the leader of the pack. Takes everything very seriously. Efficient and uptight.
- Jessie, 60+ - Strong personality. Old hippy. Funny. Married. A retired teacher who corrects people’s grammar.
- Celia, 45-55 - Posh. Well-built and attractive and knows it. Loves tapping in to her wild side.
- Ruth, 45-55 - Mousy. The others make fun of her because she’s such a pleaser, but they like her. Needs to be able to play comedy and pathos.
- John, 50-70 - Annie’s husband. Lovely, lovable. Funny, smart. A good, good man.
- Rod, 50-70 - Chris’s husband. He gets a big kick out of her. He drinks, he says, but not enough to cause problems. Good pals with John.
- Lady Cravenshire, 60+ - Majestic. Think Maggie Smith.
- Brenda Hulse, 50+ - A woman committed to tedious subjects.
- Elaine, 20s-30s - A beautician with a healthy glow.
- Lawrence, 20s-30s - The photographer. Matter-of-fact, a little shy.
- Liam, 20s-30s - Jaded from too much show business. The women make him weary.
Some other things that you’ll want to know:
- The ages are relative and may need adjusting, so please don’t be offended if you are asked to read for an “older” role.
- We will NOT be using Yorkshire accents.
- If you are cast as one of the Calendar Girls, you will be showing some flesh on stage (at the most, PG-13) and also for a real calendar that we will be selling to raise money for leukemia/lymphoma.
- Rehearsals begin in August and typically run Sunday-Thursday nights from 7:30-10:00.
- Please bring a list of your conflicts to auditions.