207 W. Harrison Street, Salisbury, NC 28144 704-647-0999
Class 1: Tuesdays 5:45-7:15 PM
Class 2: Wednesdays 9:30-11 AM
Cost: $15.00 Per Person/Per Class
Students may enter mid-session, if space allows.
To register, please contact Debra McNeil, OTR/L, EP-C, RYT.
W O R K S H O P S
Making a Payment
This class will explore the spiritual themes of meditation through movement, as well as spiritual and emotional expression using movement and dance steps. Music will include Meditative music, African Drums, and Celtic Music. Participants will also have the opportunity to incorporate their own religious or spiritual traditions into the dance.
What if I told you everything you wanted to achieve was already accomplished?
In this time bending art workshop you will learn:
1. What bootstrap paradox is and how to apply it to your goals to be more productive.
2. How to BE the YOU that you're wanting to become.
3. How to make peace with the past.
4. How to blow away your limiting beliefs that are holding you back from high achievement.
5. How to time travel to your goals, creating a powerful manifestation through art.
We will be cultivating success through your past, present and future to create an art piece that will change your entire perspective on goal setting and productivity.
If you want to up-level your life, your goals and find direction, or - if you're just really into concepts like time travel and how time exists, this workshop is for you.
*All supplies and light refreshments will be included.
Bring a project you want to work on or create! Painting, crafts, crochet, sketch, etc., whatever your art project is, come on by and create in the space!
Got a project you are working on? Want to create around other creatives? We will put on some tunes, bring a snack and let's create together! Our Artist in residence will be opening the doors every 1st and 2nd Monday for a creative space at CFA for FREE!
*Open to ALL Ages*
O N - G O I N G
"We are all artists, because we are all made of art." - Shane Manier
Shane Manier is a Creative Coach, artist and poet located in NC. She has helped many creatives from poets, artists and even other coaches, find their unique path to success and get unstuck in their craft. A workshop facilitator since 2012, Shane continues to expand the boundaries of how workshops can go from inspiring to life transforming through the arts. She has been a poetry and art instructor for The Harvey B. Gantt Center, her nonprofit Guerilla Poets, Behailu Arts Academy, Henderson HS, Commonwealth HS, Playing For Others, Southern Fried Poetry Slam, UNCC, Libraries all across North Carolina and more.
Wellness is the result of personal initiative, seeking a more optimal, holistic, and balanced state of well-being across five dimensions. This class is designed to empower the "Baby Boomer" to move forward with greater wellness and well-being by creating a holistic experience that nourishes each dimension. Historical yoga postures are evolved through application of current evidence-based knowledge to design a safe, effective, and enjoyable practice. A slow, gentle, and mindful approach is utilized with a focus on the physcial breath and postures to calm the mind, balance the body, and cultivate self-awareness.
The practice guides students through:
* Simple techniques to re-establish a healthy, diaphragmatic breath.
* Slow, gentle, preparatory movements (mat level, not standing) that open the major joints and muscles of the body and maintain a moment by moment awareness, as they are synchronized with the breath.
* Gentle postures that promote a healthy spine and improve posture, balance, and breathing.
* Postures that gently strengthen muscles and promote functional range of motion of the joints, creating a balance of strength and flexibility.
*Mediation to rest in the stillness of being, and find peace within.
**Yoga props are incorporated and a thick mat (for under your own) is provided to facilitate comfort, ease, and safety. Classes are taught in a small group format (8 students max.) and offered in six-week sessions.
There are TWO ways to make payment for enrollment in classes.
1. Send money through PayPal (class fee plus $3.00 service charge) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the name, date and number of participants in the comments field.
2. Click here to fill out our enrollment form and then mail a check to:
Center for Faith & the Arts - P. O. Box 4098 - Salisbury, NC 28145
Payment for class reserves your space.
Please be sure to include your name, the name of the class you're enrolling in, date of class and number of people enrolling for the class.
Mailing Address: PO Box 4098, Salisbury, NC 28145